2017年12月30日 星期六

上週五接受專訪內容摘要於下: 

a. 記者問
b. 答

a. How long you have been here in Nauru and what you have done here ?
b. I was here since Sept 27, 2017, and I will leave on Dec 31st, 2017.
During the recent three months, I saw many patients with diabetes. Some of them are well controlled. Many of them are not. Quite often I saw patients with diabetic foot ulcer, amputation of their legs, and some were under hemo-dialysis. I also went to many of the local communities together with the home-visit team to see the patients unable to come to the clinic in PHC. I had given a speech in Nauru Secondary School. The topic was: “how to prevent diabetes”, this is an important issue for the children and adolescents.

a. Do you have any suggestion to Nauru?
b. yes, I have three:
1. to Nauru people with diabetes and their families:
please keep physically active, eat healthy, take the medication as prescribed by the doctors, and monitor your blood sugar and other clinical parameters periodically.
2. to the health care providers working in the hospital and PHC:
please keep going to provide a patient-centered, high-quality care to all the patients.

3. to the policymakers:
please establish a high-quality, healthy environment in this island, providing resources in many aspects to support a healthy lifestyle, including affordable healthy foods like vegetables and an atmosphere for active lifestyle.

a. any more you want to say?
b. Yes, first of all, I want to thank the staffs of Taiwanese Embassy, Eric, Mr Lee and the Ambassador Joseph Chou, and the Taiwan Technical Mission(TTM) term for helping me to settle down in the government room in Meneng hotel, the transportation, and many others. Without their help, my work here will not be so smooth and successful. Secondly, I want to thank members of the Foot-care center and Diabetes Clinic, Nauru Public Health Center, for their tremendous help in my daily work here in Nauru, seeing patients and doing home visits. They are doing a good job, especially in wound care. Thirdly, I want to thank the Taipei and Taichung Veterans General Hospitals, Taiwan for providing support for me to come here.

Finally I want to thank Kathy, my wife for taking care of me everyday.

I think this is a memorable memory

沒有留言:

張貼留言